[Hears car door slam while trying to sleep
Begins sobbing uncontrollably]
I know how that is. If only NTs could grasp that people can feel pain in non-standard ways.
Sudden sharp noises. Just say no. I used to jump and freak out ALL the time at work when the doorbell rang. It was the most… abusive sound. I know it wasn’t to everyone else, but there was something about the ringing that just… it hurt. It put me out of sorts the rest of the day. this was after it startled me and i yelped and jumped out of my skin. Every day. Every time we had a delivery. I’d be on-edge waiting for it to ring all day.
Ugh! I hate sharp sounds! And I feel you on the doorbell. One of my friend’s apartments had a bicycle bell instead of a doorbell and it was far more pleasant and just as effective. Our current doorbell is mercifully soft, and I am so glad for that…even if I won’t answer the door anyway.
- deathtasteslikechicken reblogged this from autistichedgehog and added:
- fartamist reblogged this from autistichedgehog
- jackalopefrost reblogged this from sirenianheart
- jackalopefrost likes this
- sirenianheart reblogged this from autistichedgehog
- aspie-if-i-give-a-shit reblogged this from autistichedgehog
- thebluearmpit reblogged this from autistichedgehog
- angelicbadassery reblogged this from autistichedgehog
- bellamys-muse reblogged this from autistichedgehog
- lunapics reblogged this from deducecanoe and added:
- lunapics likes this
- jack-off-lantern likes this
- un-attr4ctive likes this
- a-bird-in-the-bush reblogged this from deducecanoe
- spookyraghnailt reblogged this from deducecanoe and added:
- ihavenosnoutyetimustwhinny likes this
- secret-x-stars likes this
- bellamys-muse likes this
- thebluearmpit submitted this to autistichedgehog